I used to think that I can be independent, and till now, perhaps i have been in my parents' arms all the while, protected and comforted by them, so I have my under-exposed world of my own, thinking that the world is beautiful and perfect as if it's a fairy tale.
This afternoon, i was confronted by a young man all of a sudden. I was reluctant to give any response to him, but so as not to be deemed as impolite, I just listen to what he wanna say. He asked a lot of questions, including where I study, where I live, etc. From that moment, my heart thumped very quickly. Deep inside, I was very afraid, the timid me was ready to run as fast as I can from that stranger, but at that moment, I just didn't know what to do.
After all the questioning, he explained about a society for folks and asked for donation. The minimum amount of contribution was RM20! (what on earth is that donation that requires a MINIMUM amount??!) How stupid I was, I replied that I did not bring enough cash out and just contributed RM5, wrote my name on the so-called contribution list, and thats it. Surprisingly, there are many helpful people who contributed RM50 and above. To where these lump sum of money goes, I don't know. But at least I've done my bit as a citizen...regardless I was conned or not. That was an incident that made me scared for quite some time. And for dunno what reason, I cried when I reached home. Thank God, I was safe and sound when I reach home.
My parents used to say, never ever talk to strangers. But when the time comes, how can we avoid these people?? I really don't know. I'm so dependent all the while and such a 'crybaby'.. :-(
Nevertheless, I admit that I'm too naive and really need to see the world outside. This is reality, not a fairy-tale!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you see anyone you do not know confronting u..just raise a palm sign and walk off..he's not gonna come after you..and dun walk places which are quiet and all..im really glad ur beginning to see this world as it really is..sorry to break it to you but this world ain't no fairy tale and it will never be..just be more careful..
Post a Comment